Wish You Had Automated Fixed Assets Tracking?
Would it surprise you to learn with a Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system you already do? There’s a hidden gem in Microsoft Dynamics NAV. When asked how they manage Fixed Assets (FA) most of the attendees at a recent users conference admitted frustratingly that they still used Excel spreadsheets or Access databases with manual entry. When I investigated further I found they didn’t realize FA management is already included in their license.
To Automate FA Tracking or Not, That is the Question How do you know if you are ready to move your FA from your spreadsheets or databases? If you answer yes to any of the following, you are ready to take advantage of the improved functionality and automation offered by Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Tired of spending so much time manipulating FA data manually in spreadsheets?
- Wish you had real-time information?
- Want to reduce the time it takes you to provide the required tax and reporting information?
- Want to improve your FA reporting capabilities?
Fixed Assets Life Cycle Management in NAV
Microsoft Dynamics NAV helps you control and manage the entire life cycle of your fixed assets-from acquisition to disposal. You can manage FA allocation, reclassification, maintenance, and reporting. You can improve your team’s productivity by streamlining your fixed asset management. Automating FA management gives journal entry automation you control to automatically track fixed and intangible assets, calculate depreciation accurately, as well as easily complete tax reporting and compliance requirements.Here is a quick overview of FA life cycle management in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- From the Main Menu select Fixed-Assets (under General Ledger)
- The FA Main Menu includes one-click access to:
- Reports, Insurance, & Periodic Activities
- FA G/L Journals & F.A. Journals
- FA Reclass. Journals (Fixed Assets Reclassification Journals)
- FA Registers & Insurance Registers
- The FA Card gives easy access to:
- Book Value, Depreciation Book Code, Posting Group, & Straight-line percentage
- Depreciation Method, start date, end date, and automatically calculates the length of depreciation